Hi there. I have a standard GTO without Active Aero, but I’d like to retrofit it—at least the rear spoiler. Has anyone here successfully done this? What parts do I need? The spoiler and control unit are obvious, as is the interior switch. Is the wiring harness already in the car? Do I just need to plug it in? Best regards.
This isn’t a simple swap.
The wiring isn’t in the car. The AA spoiler bolts up differently than the non-AA spoiler. Putting the interior switch in the car will not help since there is no factory wiring there.
This would be a full custom job. If you just want to add the spoiler for the aesthetic that alone will require body work just to bolt it up. The only way you could make it “work” is either on(up) or off(down) unless you wire in a custom controller than knows your speed.
Long story short, its not easy.