1993 MK 1 TT For Sale or Break for Parts

Reluctantly decided to sell or beak for parts. Car was a daily drive until the timing belt broke in May and all valves were bent. I was going to rebuild the engine again but was let down by a local mechanic who offered to get engine out but suddenly backed out. Prior to this I had removed all of the top of engine and all bits bagged. Engine cylinders are protected and covered.The engine was rebuilt in 2019. Virtually the complete history of car since import is available.
Bodywork is sound but rear panels would benefit from a respray. Interior is in good condition. Underbody has been welded in the usual four corners but othewise is sound.
I would prefer to sell the car comlete as a project or spares car due to lack of facilities to completly strip it and me getting older. I am open to reasonable offers.

4 Likes

Is the alternator in a good shape Derek ?

Message me chassis number and is it 4wd 4ws 6speed?. What would you take for it and where are you please.

Alternator is fully serviceable.

Cool, how much posted to G41 Thanks

Sorry cant store it so good luck with sale.

Hi, Balcombe west sussex. Approx 6 miles south of Gatwick Airport.

Thanks for the reply I have messaged you

Would you sell the seats, I may be able to collect this weekend

How much for the indicator units and steel covers thanks

Beautiful car. So sorry about the timing belt. Mine is the same year. Passenger side fog light available? So I can help continue the legacy, :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about the timing belt mate! Beautiful car. If the lower seal for the boot is still going and in good nick could you price it for me please?

I’d also be interested in the gearknob and the small metal clips that hold onto the front blinkers (pic 3) if possible. I’m Sheffield based so if you’re close by I’d come look.

The Indicator clips and units are gone . Do you mean the seal that goes around the whole of the rear opening that the door closes on. If so, yes. It has a slight nick in it where the boot lock is but no leak.

I’m interested in the snake eyes, if those are still available and if you’re open to PayPal and shipping abroad to Sweden.

The snake eyes have gone i’m afraid.

Message me the location , if you’re local I might need some bits and bobs. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, Located in West Sussex near Gatwick Airport

Hi Spyder,

Don’t suppose you’ve still got the car for breaking?

I’m in need of the following parts if you still have them:

• Driver’s side window regulator

• Aircon compressor

I’m local to you so can collect

Thanks in advance!

do you have the Gear shift boot and bracket. interested mostly in bracket. I’m in US - shipping costs not issue. don’t see any reason bracket would not fit left hand drive.

Hi,I have decided to sell the car as whole rather than part it.I really need it off the drive as I have nowhere to store the parts if I break it. Thanks for the enquiry.