Stalling when coming to a stop

Would a used one not be just as bad as one from your current car? How long are these things supposed to last?

well it was only ÂŁ60. and cant get new ones in UK. I think in America you can get new aftermarket ones. But i needed it desperately and it was fine. fixed my problem.

That’s cool. I might go down that route too. Thanks for the info

1 Like

No worries, Just a note, when removing it, mark it with a marker/ Screw driver the exact position that it is in, so when you put in the new one, you place it in the correct position.

Here is a guide:
http://www.stealth316.com/2-cas-91-92.htm

1 Like

Hi, just joined and saw this thread and had the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

Lost my old PTU, so had to order another which has just arrived, going to fit tomorrow and see if that helps at all.
Will let you know if that sorts it

Well i sorted mine today. So if thay fails with you maybe this will help. I was having the exact same issue you are having. I found these coming of one of the vacuum/boost pipes. Theyre were going no where so removed them and its all sorted

What have you got coming off this T piece? Thats exactly where all that was spliced into mine. I took out the T piece and put it back stock and thats what solved it. May not be exact same situation with you but maybe help a bit.

No, I had nothing attached to that end of line was just to atmosphere I ended up taking the t-piece out.

I believe mine has had an egr delete so alot of the lines are missing

To add the missing line that isn’t on the plastic lines that connects to the line coming off the t-piece that you can see I believe I routed that to the fuel pressure solenoid

Ah ok fair enough. It could be something similar to mine then slight leak from one of the vacuum/boost lines. I had a couple thay were looking a bit old so changed them out aswell.

Cheers, will take another look tomorrow when I’m doing the PTU, I did swap all my lines (after that photo) but there may well be something leaking.

PTU did not fix the issue, can’t see any obvious vacuum leaks so will do a smoke test next and see if that highlights anything

Video of what’s happening, can’t get one while driving but it does the same I clutch in to shift down coming to a stop the revs drop like that but down to 200 and it stalls

Can you take out that T piece and put back to factory like the pic. Just to see if it makes a difference. Unless you’ve already tried that.

Yeah I’ve ran it standard for a while now no difference

Thought I would update, garage found a cracked nipple and a few vac lines going nowhere they replaced the nipple and old lines and then the old lines for the evap they deleted as it had been previously removed.

Car now drives great warm, sadly now struggles to keep a steady idle when cold.

Battery is also completely dead again so next job get it charged up, I’m going to replace the spark plugs as they are looking in need of a change

Hopefully will get the car running properly soon

1 Like

Update from the last post, charged my battery to full and now the new cold start issue that appeared has went away…

Fingers crossed that’s the nightmare saga over got a feeling it won’t be

If the cold start issue comes back it might be worth testing the battery,checking it is being charged correctly and maybe checking for any parasitic earths…if need be.

Battery is fine, I need to sort out the aftermarket alarm system, that’s what’s causing the drain sadly.

Looking at getting a complete new system installed some point soon

1 Like