Stalling when coming to a stop

does it happen when the engine is cold? or happens when it has warmed up a bit?

Only happens when warm

Have you ohmed out your injectors yet?

Not yet will give that a go this weekend should be around 14 I believe shouldn’t they?

Something like that. I think the bigger issue is if there’s one that’s wildly different to all the rest.

I see, ok I used to have the exact same problem. It would stall after it had warmed up. And sometimes would not run again untill I left it for a few hours.
I have a thread on here on what I went through untill I got to the source of the problem.

Long story short, it ended up being the CAS (crank angle sensor). Change that and car ran perfectly!

I’ll find the thread and send it to you. There is another thread online that shows how to change it properly. (That’s if you’re is a DOHC)

This is the thread:

Mine is the DOHC, however never had an issue with starting it always starts up straight away and has no issues after it dies.

I’m trying to wrap my head around it as it didn’t do it when I got the car but have a feeling it started after I swapped out the PTU hoping that it would fix my RPM gauge (It didn’t I ended up soldering some new capacitors on the dash) so I feel like there would be no harm swapping the old one back in not sure if that would be related.

Going to pull the plugs and swap the PTU next weekend see if that tells me anything and go from there

Where did you buy a CAS from?

From the breakers yard. Autoworld based in Leeds (UK) they brake lots of GTOs. Unfortunately the main guy, Graham is no longer with us.

Would a used one not be just as bad as one from your current car? How long are these things supposed to last?

well it was only £60. and cant get new ones in UK. I think in America you can get new aftermarket ones. But i needed it desperately and it was fine. fixed my problem.

That’s cool. I might go down that route too. Thanks for the info

1 Like

No worries, Just a note, when removing it, mark it with a marker/ Screw driver the exact position that it is in, so when you put in the new one, you place it in the correct position.

Here is a guide:
http://www.stealth316.com/2-cas-91-92.htm

1 Like

Hi, just joined and saw this thread and had the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

Lost my old PTU, so had to order another which has just arrived, going to fit tomorrow and see if that helps at all.
Will let you know if that sorts it

Well i sorted mine today. So if thay fails with you maybe this will help. I was having the exact same issue you are having. I found these coming of one of the vacuum/boost pipes. Theyre were going no where so removed them and its all sorted

What have you got coming off this T piece? Thats exactly where all that was spliced into mine. I took out the T piece and put it back stock and thats what solved it. May not be exact same situation with you but maybe help a bit.

No, I had nothing attached to that end of line was just to atmosphere I ended up taking the t-piece out.

I believe mine has had an egr delete so alot of the lines are missing

To add the missing line that isn’t on the plastic lines that connects to the line coming off the t-piece that you can see I believe I routed that to the fuel pressure solenoid

Ah ok fair enough. It could be something similar to mine then slight leak from one of the vacuum/boost lines. I had a couple thay were looking a bit old so changed them out aswell.