Limited availability of parts and where we go from here

I think Joe’s videos are invaluable to owners who aren’t trained mechanics or perhaps a little afraid to start working on their car themselves. As we know there is a lot of garages out there who wont or cant work on these cars. You’re doing a great job Joe,good luck moving forward.

5 Likes

On the subject of oil pumps, I removed one from a 140k mile lowish oil pressure engine and it was still well within specification. It’ll be bearings, usually is, for low oil pressure.

I need a new one because I stuffed up after doing the cam belt. I neglected to torque up a bolt on the water pump and it got caught between the cam belt and oil pump guard thing. It chipped off part of the guard and must have munted the seal because it now has a minor leak that splashes oil all over stuff under the lower timing belt cover. If only I’d paid more attention to detail oh woe is me!!

@Joe90 Hopefully the people making your life rough, can move on. Having people like you with a passion for this platform is what will keep it alive.
It’s great to have another manufacturer of parts, we really need that - another 3SX, or Ninja. :slight_smile:
The 3S community has always been very innovative, it’s just sad that there’s not as many of us left here anymore. I remember when 3SI had 100s of new posts every time I logged on.
Thanks again!

1 Like

This is really good, I just purchased my 91 VR-4 was stored for a while only 28K Miles in it. I’ve always loved that car since it came out. Finally, I own one. and it’s good to know that you’re making parts for this car. Let me know if you put up an online store where we can just browse and purchase. Thanks for all the videos you’ve put up.

3 Likes

Joe…new to this forum but wanted to tell you from a gracious Canadian…THANKS!

A couple of your videos have saved me time and frustration and now I feel comfortable moving forward with some restorations of my 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 which is my baby!!

Parts for this vehicle are drying up on this side of the pond and the Mitsubishi Dealers will not even quote on parts anymore!!

Kind of crappy as I supported them with this vehicle for many years including a Engine Re & Re. Oh well, thaty is the nature of the businees and my new Mitusbishi Dealer Parts Manager wasn’t even born when this car was made!!

I think you are brave going into producing parts and if you have the Engine Wire Harness or even just the Fuel Injector portion of it, I will buy it from you hapily.

Let me know, also my Heater doesn’t work and was wondering if this vehicle has a Heater Control Valve as the Heater diagram doesn’t seem to show it?

Your great and I am not on Facebook but would like to donate to your cause.

Let me know how and I look forward to your response.

Keith Andersen

Hi Keith
Thank you for your comments. You are right about parts drying up on both sides of the pond but many critical components are available after market or are being produced, you just have to be patient as this takes time and a lot of money. I am expecting a lot of new parts in late January so keep an eye out for them.
I have used harnesses but I think you will get these cheaper from the States if you phone a few junk yards or look on ebay. Better still, just ask on the forums, there is lots of these cars being broken at the moment.
If I recall, there is no heater valve. The heater matrix is always heated by the circulating water but the heat does not go into the cabin because a shutter in front of the matrix closes when the heat is turned off.
If you want to donate directly to the channel, there is a patreon site for this. Details are at the end of each video.
If you are donating to help out while I am sick, there is a go fund me set up by Morgan in Ireland. Details are on this forum, just search for go fund me or look in the general section.
Thanks for your support and I hope the information helps.

Thanks Joe!

So its more like an actuator or Blend Valve. My fans work but no diffeernece in temperature when adjusted up or down. Would this be in the Heating Unit under the Glove Box?

I did send a little something via the GoFundMe and truly hope you get well soon.

Stay strong, stand tall and keep your head on a swivel…words from my Dad!!

Keith

The usual cause of no heat is blocked water pipes to the heater matrix, blocked matrix or blocked manifold. This is very common when people don’t use distilled water and coolant.

1 Like