Fuel pressure drop

The screw head was grinded off , after putting the pump back together it seems to be a bit short
However im not sure if i can find the correct part without the part number since i dont have a sample.

@joe it seems like i have no luck with the fuel pump in the local Market
How can i contact you

Click on my avatar and send a private message.

Hotwiring the fuel pump on a TT has to be one of the stupidest modifications dreamed up. It was originally meant for the stock pump just to get the last bit of fuel out of it without upgrading it. It’s still supposed to be 2 speed though. Once you’ve got a bigger pump all a hotwire does is very bad things.

1 Like

That’s not the original pump, someone has already changed it in the past, that’s why it doesn’t fit properly. The original mitsubishi one is rated at about 100 litres per hour and on the N/A it’s 3.5 bar base pressure. That means that when it’s idling with the vac line hooked up you should see a drop of 10 PSI to 40 ish PSI on the gauge.

2 Likes

Pump was replaced with stock unit . and i only did hot wire as for some reason there was no power to the pump and i was moving house and needed to car the move. i do think my issue is with the pump realy in engine bay just not had time to correct the issue .