Under car question

Can anyone tell me the main purpose of the 2 heavy bars that run from front cross member to just after gearbox. I have to remove the driver side to replace rack boot and was wondering if it’s an issue with the car on a 2post lift. Pretty sure it’s ok but just checking.

It wouldn’t be a problem to remove them to carry out repairs. They appear to be there for structural strength around the engine.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reassurance Joe.

I’ve replaced both boots no long ago without removing these parts, it was a bastard of a job to push the new ones back in especially the drivers side , me under the car trying to guide the boot in between gaps with a screwdriver and a friend turning and pushing the boot from the wheel arch.

1 Like

I can believe that spiros. I’ll be on my own probably so deffo removing the brace on the driver’s side to give me more space. You deserve a medal doing that with it on, must have been a nightmare getting the clips on.

Didn’t use clips Derek,zipties instead.

1 Like

Job done! Wasnt too bad once brace was off. I could think of more fun things to do on the motor mind😂

2 Likes