Tire chaffing sound

Edit: I finally took the tire off and the rim is bent up on the inside. There is a rim repair place I can take it to so I should be all set!

Its time for another episode of guess that noise! Lol

Hey guys, this is Tyler from Nova Scotia again. I was out visiting my parents out in the country and I unfortunately hit a pot hole on the driver side of my 92 GTO SR wheel. When I turn the car now it sounds like the tire is chaffing. Upon inspection, there seems to be less room from the wheel well with that tire than the passenger side tire.

I’m going to take her to the garage to get it checked, however the local garages are really over booked due to the covid I suppose so thought I’d post just to see if anyone perhaps recognizes it and has an idea of the problem.

Here is a quick video of the sound while turning

[/quote]

Its time for another episode of guess that noise! Lol

Hey guys, this is Tyler from Nova Scotia again. I was out visiting my parents out in the country and I unfortunately hit a pot hole on the driver side of my 92 GTO SR wheel. When I turn the car now it sounds like the tire is chaffing. Upon inspection, there seems to be less room from the wheel well with that tire than the passenger side tire.

I’m going to take her to the garage to get it checked, however the local garages are really over booked due to the covid I suppose so thought I’d post just to see if anyone perhaps recognizes it and has an idea of the problem.

Possible broken spring?

1 Like

Cordroy trousers, everytime