Transfer box complete

Hello all my name is: Anton Briffa from malta
I have a: 1991 GTO TT
It has the following issue: i noticed that the electric mirrors are not moving correctly, is there anything i can do to make them move to the full.

NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

Hi Anton

To be honest that is not really sufficient information to even guess what the problem is, do you mean the Mirrors can not be adjusted when you are trying to see behind you when driving or are you talking about the folding operation ?

A bit of clarification will probably produce more replies

Best Regards
Marc

Yes sure, the side mirrors are not moving all the like when you try to move them all the way to the end they start to make noise and get back where they started. They move make clicking sound and jumps back where they were.
Regards and thanks for your help

Is this when Folding or when adjusting the actual Mirror Glass ? if it is when they are folding or Unfolding into the working position, then it is possible that there is dirt on the contacts inside the switch.

I did a little “How to” on replacing the bulb in the switch ( Electric Mirror Switch Bulb Replacement (My How To)

I you look at one of the photo’s in that which shows the PCB

If you remove the Grey rubber pad you will find contacts on the back and also reveal the contacts on the PCB, if you clean both surfaces gently with something like makeup remover on a cotton bud it may solve the problem, my mirrors did not fold on command and it was difficult to Adjust the mirror glass both issues were solved by cleaning the contacts.

If you look at my “How to” its shows how to disassemble the switch

Hope this helps

2 Likes

No they only fold manually, the problem is when you adjust the actual mirror. I will try to remove the mirror, to see whats behind, but im afraid of breaking the clips.
Thanks for your help buddy

Hi Anton

I still think that cleaning the contacts in the switch may help, but if you want to take the Mirror glass out of the Mirror shell, Joe has made a excellent video showing how to remove it

Best regards

Hi marc, thanks for your help, do you have the link for the video pls.
Thanks again
Best Regards

Hi,

One thing: this kind of rubber that makes contact with PCB loses conductive propierties (under the the rubber, the little black pads). I usually use graphite spray to restore the conductivity. Sometimes Is possible to use a pen but is not 100% graphite.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Marc

Thanks very much mate

Thanks for these precious advices.
Best Regards