Rusted Front Bumper Bolts and Bracket

Hello Joe,

Hope all is well with you and your family. This is Mario from the Bahamas :bahamas: again. Got another possible video request for you. Today I took my headlights out today to do some restoration and noticed in horror, rusted front bumper brackets and screws. Most definitely I know by attempting to remove these bolts will result in them snapping. I knew in your front bumper video you mentioned that you encountered and resolved this same problem. Can you lend some advise on how I can go about resolving this issue. Salt water will forever be our enemy here in the Bahamas. .

Many thanks in advance

Mario :bahamas:

Hi Mario
That looks pretty bad. In fact, I don’t think I have ever seen that bracket so badly rusted before. I’m afraid that you have no choice but to break the bolts and drill the broken pieces out to fit new ones. You will then have to order some more brackets. You shouldn’t have any problems picking up some used ones as they don’t normally go that badly. If you can’t pick any up by post, you could pop over to Florida for the day and get some from a junk yard. I know a good yard near to coco beach that can probably help. I will probably do some sort of video on different methods of removing broken bolts just before I start rebuilding the black car. Good luck.

1 Like

Hey Joe,

Yes it is pretty bad. My heart dropped upon seeing this. I am in the process of taking off the front bumper to see the full extent of the damage. I am hoping the headlight support is not affected also. :crossed_fingers:t4:. However I did take your advise and reached out to my brother-in-law who lives in Ft. Lauderdale who will look for a set along with the headlight buckets at a local junk yard.

Thanks again for you help and your consideration towards a video related to the different methods of removing broken bolts.

Take care.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m going to need the passenger side bucket. Any Idea where to find it?

Thanks, in advance.

Which country are you in? Any chance you could add your country flag in the settings. This will help people in your country to help you with this type of question.
Thanks