Oil leak onto transfer box

Hi everyone my name is Lewis
I have a 1997 3000GT TT (passion red) and I love it! Always wanted one since playing gran turismo as a kid…
Anyway, It has a oil leak, after I take it for a decent drive and park up there is a leak coming from my transfer box. It’s definitely engine oil, I guess it’s coming from above the transfer box but has anyone else had a similar issue? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I intend on keeping the car forever, it’s in great condition but there are a few bits I need to sort out, thanks in advance

1 Like

If you are certain it is engine oil it could possibly be the crankshaft rear seal behind the flywheel, letting oil past and down into the bellhousing and onto the bottom of the transfer case. Best thing you can do is get underneath, spray and wipe everything clean and then see if you can ascertain where the fresh trail is coming from.

1 Like

Thank you for that, I’ll have a look, the rear main seal was one of my thoughts when seeing the leak, it’s just the odd drip for now so it will be a job for a later date no doubt, thanks again