Not Starting, turning ignition and rapid clicking sound

Hello all my name is: Thai
I have a: 97 3000gt SL
It has the following issue: Car will not start. I have a new fuel pump, new battery, new Starter. Issue started out of nowhere. I thought it was the starter so I changed it out. Still not starting. Has new battery terminals for positive and negative. Checked fuses and seem all fine. I did jump the battery for maybe 5-8 minutes and car started but made a awful clanking noise, I did not know if it was damaging anything so I turnt off the car, so I could not determine where the sound was coming from.

Edit*- inside lights don’t have any power either and headlights are very dim. Maybe a alternator issue, just need more opinions!

NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

Have you just bought it?

I got it about 2 months ago, didn’t start because of the fuel pump. When I changed the fuel pump and got a new battery (just because the old one was bad) the car started fine. Even with the new battery the inside cabin has no power.

Hi,

“Car started but made an awful clanking noise”
:pleading_face:

You need to check all the timing is all aligned ok! Could have slipped. Clanking noise could be damage due to timing out.

Can you describe the sound? If it was the worse case scenario you would have had a serious clanking and knocking as could be the valves self destructing. Hopefully not!!

But check timing from crankshaft pulley up to the cams before attempting to turn engine over and when you do, do if manually!!!

Chris

Thank you for the tip!

Hi mate,

I am replying to you because I have a similar issue. I have a knocking sound in upper engine. We believe it is either camshaft alignment or the timing of the belts.

We are going to turn the engine by hand and slowly record the open engine so we can see if any are off to a certain degree.

Any advice?