Help with under drivers seat

Hey folks
Could any of you please help me with what this is for?? I cant seem to find where it goes to
:thinking:

Is it for heated seats

Oooooh well then I learnt that :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: Then I can look away from it as my seats dont have heat in them :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is for heated seats and it is not standard. The wire does not look to be a high enough current rating for heating and it should not be a twisted pair of wires. I think that the heat shrink covered unit is a filter for audio application. It may have supplied a speaker unit under the seat. Probably a base speaker. If you follow the wires back to the origin, it should give you a clue.

I was thinking on the same lines as Joe, that looks like an audio filter, and I can see what looks like coaxial cable for an aerial going into that black box.

The black box is mitsubishi I think. I have seen it on a number of cars but I can’t remember what it was for.

Hmmm… ooookey, just as I thought that fine it was that heat, then the curveball gets thrown in :smile: … it would be strange if a speaker was under the seat as it is very low under there, and those wires look like they are a part of the harness :face_with_monocle:

I think its an amplifier as part of your stock stereo. which I presume you no longer have. It may just be remains of that.

or

2g phone system.

As far as I know mitsi dealers back in the day fitted a remote control unit under the drivers seat for the central locking as an optional extra. I found one under the seat of my car and was able to use the wiring to install an aftermarket remote central locking module.
It had that coaxial connection also, I assume that was for a small antenna.
Enda

This is like a good murder novel… The mystery just deepens and deepens :face_with_monocle: :smile:

Is your car Right hand drive or Left hand drive?

Right hand drive, imported from Japan

I’ll have a look at mine tomorrow, as mine is also a Jap import, and very OEM, it still has everything from the day it left the factory so it should have it, if it was fitted with one.

1 Like

Thank you very very VERY much :+1:t2: :+1:t2: If possible, could you take a photo just for referance also??

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, I was busy with work.
I had a good luck under my seat, and there is nothing like what you have in the photo, I just have the wiring harness connected to the seat, for the lumbar support and the seat adjustment.
Looks like mine wasn’t fitted with what you have.