Crankshaft and Camshaft Position Sensor replacement

I’ve heard in 1st Gen 3000GT’s that the crankshaft and camshaft sensors are in one unit. I have the '99 and both are in different locations. I’m not sure on the procedures of either but I know I’ve literally pushed off changing mine because of that and specifically, with the crankshaft position sensor, the placement being , what seems to be, so deep into the engine. It literally scares me because I don’t know much about it and the only real video I’ve seen is from a guy on YouTube that is very inaudible and not clear as to what he is doing.

I know you have a long list… but, can we get a video on proper testing and replacement of these sensors?

Like many others, I’m in a position where no mechanic shops near me seem to want to work on my car due to it being an import and its age. That leaves me diagnosing and doing the work myself. Btw… side note, I’ve already paid for the service and my ECU is shipping out Monday to be tested and repaired/ refurbished if needed. (Thank you Joe, for the encouragement on that)

Michael Maxfield
'99 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
Aurora, Indiana

1 Like

Your request is in the right place. It is on the list and I will look at it as soon as I can.