Clutch remplacement vr4 twin turbos

Request a video for clutch remplacement in a 3000gt vr4 4wd twin turbo.

1 Like

Hi and welcome Raiko, tell us a bit about Your car and Your location,not a quick easy job and it has been requested, no doubt it must be on Joe’s to do video list !

2 Likes

Hi Raiko
Welcome to the forum.
This video has been requested by a number of people and it will be done as soon as I have a turbo model that needs a new clutch. The job is far too big to do just for the sake of a video. Please remember that I do not get paid in any way for the videos or for any part of the channel or forum. I have a non turbo manual that needs doing and a automatic that needs a transmission rebuild so I may see if I can work something in with those.

4 Likes

Hi I own a 3000gt vr4 twin turbos 6speed manual 4wd 1995 is 25 years old I’m located in Colorado, United States of America this problem happened just driving the car in 5 speed I feel the car goin slow with no power and I see the smoke come from the engine I stop the car in the freeway and check it the clutch smell was strong but after some minutes I be available to drive it to home and now I’m driving it like a baby I think is this clutch need to be remplaced…

2 Likes

Hi I own a 3000gt vr4 twin turbos 6speed manual 4wd 1995 is 25 years old I’m located in Colorado, United States of America this problem happened just driving the car in 5 speed I feel the car goin slow with no power and I see the smoke come from the engine I stop the car in the freeway and check it the clutch smell was strong but after some minutes I be available to drive it to home and now I’m driving it like a baby I think is this clutch need to be remplaced…thank Joe for your videos those are amazing

1 Like

Welcome to this great forum. I visit everyone and it’s become an addiction and I love it. Spread the word so we can all share knowledge of this great car.

1 Like

This is a bit unusual. A worn out clutch will normally slip and burn in low gear pull away rather than 5th unless you are going up hill. It is also unusual for it to return to perfect order after a few minutes. A clutch replacement is quite a big job so I wouldn’t turn to that option until you have confirmed the fault.

1 Like