Anti-Lock and Brake Lights Coming on due to acceleration?

Hi everyone! My name is Cristian, I have a '91 3000GT SL.

A few weeks ago I noticed that the BRAKE light on the dash would turn on when I accelerated quickly, then turn back off when I let off the pull.

Last week the Anti-Lock light started doing the same, but it usually stays on after I accelerate for the first time, it doesn’t shut off when I decelerate like the BRAKE light does.

Now my climate control display has quit on me, all the buttons and everything works, just can’t see the anything on the screen.

Is all this linked to an electrical issue or do I just now have 3 issues that all popped up around the same time? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

-Cristian

Hi Cristian

This is probably something you have already checked but as far a the Brake issue is concerned have you checked the Fluid level in the brake Master cylinder reservoir as if low the hard acceleration may move what fluid is in there to trip the low fluid switch located at the bottom of the Brake Fluid reservoir and then when you back off the fluid flows back and remakes the connection.

As far as the display for your Heater/Air con these units are prone to failure and can be repaired by Joe the sites owner, who I am sure would be prepared to help when he has recovered.

I would not guess any further on the Brake warning light issue without more information, but I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions from people on this forum with a much better and more extensive knowledge than me.

2 Likes

Confirming Brillo’s post.

The “flashing” brake light is due to low fluid. The low fluid is likely from worn pads.

The digital climate fails in multiple ways. There is a company in Texas that repairs them for $100. You can find them on ebay under Texas cluster repair.